Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday’s loss from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Wilson/Dillon, recap), NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW, Boston.com, Herald, Peerless, NoVa Caps, RMNB, S&S, and Stanley Cup of Chowder.
- With Zdeno Chara already out day-to-day, the Caps’ blueline took another hit when Taylor Hall hit Justin Schultz with a little (uncalled) knee-on-knee action. [NBCSW]
- A few Boston “journalists” wrote some disingenuous articles about a non-incident involving a player with whom they’re obsessed... but we’re not linking to any of that trash. Moving on!
- One incident that did happen was Garnet Hathaway earning a major and a game misconduct for boarding Jarred Tinordi. Stay tuned. [NBCSW]
- Turns out Alex Ovechkin isn’t the only Capital making history these days;
Anthony Mantha scores his fourth goal in four games with the Capitals to put Washington ahead 3-2. Mantha becomes the first player in franchise history to begin his Capitals tenure with a four-game goal streak.— CapitalsPR (@CapitalsPR) April 18, 2021
- With their busy weekend in the books, the Caps now get a rare treat: a three-day break, their longest break of the remaining schedule. [NBCSW]
- Looking back at the week that was for the Caps and their East Division rivals. [Peerless, Caps Outsider, All About the Jersey]
- After a long run of consistency, Laviolette has shuffled up his defensive pairs of late. So what is the best configuration for the blueline? [NoVa Caps]
- A few leftovers from a much more fun afternoon in Philadelphia on Saturday. [Caps, RMNB, S&S, BSH]