Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and assorted musings from last night’s mess at Madison Square Garden: Rink, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), WaPo, PHT, NBCSW (and again), AP, Blueshirt Banter, NoVA Caps, and RMNB.
- The Capitals were stellar and seemingly unstoppable through the first 37 games this season, but since then? Yikes. [Rink]
- Washington signed forward Damien Riat to a two-year entry level contract yesterday. [Caps, NoVA Caps, RMNB]
- Tom Wilson is an incredibly valuable member of the Caps’ offensive game, so why did he take himself off the ice so often during Wednesday’s brutal loss to Philadelphia? [Rink]
- The Post’s Thomas Boswell weighs in on the Capitals’ faltering play and whether or not they can turn things around. [WaPo]
- US hockey superstar and Olympic gold medalist Hilary Knight is set to step into NBCSW’s broadcasting team as the inside-the-glass analyst (!) for the Caps-Blackhawks game next Saturday. [WaPo DC Sports Bog]
- In case you missed it, the Washington Capitals have a defense problem. [NBCSW]
- Two Metro Division rivals announced injuries to key players yesterday, which is certainly something to keep an eye on. [NoVA Caps]
- Finally, happy 35th birthday to Daniel Winnik!