Your savory breakfast links:
- Preview of the final preseason tilt of the year against that bunch of jerks from Vogs, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Canes Country for the other side of tonight’s matchup.
- Connor McMichael, also known as Connor McDavid in a Party City wig and fake moustache, scored a hat trick against the Hamilton Bulldogs. [NoVa Caps]
- The Capitals trimmed their roster down to 28, sending a slew of players down to Hersey. [NoVa Caps]
- With Vitek Vanecek among the roster cuts, there are some questions around the Capitals tight salary cap situation heading into the season. [NBC Sports]
- Caps defence prospect Alex Kannok-Leipert was named captain of the Vancouver Giants. [NoVa Caps]
- Defenceman Michal Kempny passed the skate conditioning test at practice, but is unlikely to be ready for the season opener. [WaPo]
- Happy 69th birthday to Rolf Edberg, whose hockey nickname was apparently “the rat.”
- And, finally...go Mystics! Game 1 of the WNBA finals is at 3:00 PM ET.