Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), NHL, AP, NBCSN, WaPo, NBCSW, NBCS Philly, Philly Inquirer, Frankovic, Peerless, NoVa Caps (and again), RMNB, and BSH.
- This time it was Braden Holtby’s turn to reach an impressive milestone, becoming the second-fastest goalie in NHL history to hit the 250-win mark. [NBCSW]
- Holtby describing the team’s infamous Mario Kart sessions and the semi-intoxicated tattoos that followed is easily one of the top five things you’ll read this year. [Players’ Tribune]
- Dissecting the work Alex Ovechkin gets done from his Office. [WashTimes]
- Talking defensive line shuffling and more in the weekly mailbag. [NBCSW]
- The Metropolitan Division race for the playoffs is easily the most interesting one in the League. [Yahoo!]
- The Caps are just one of many recent Cup champs to opt for small tweaks at the deadline over major moves. [AP]
- Caps’ prospect Chase Priskie has been handed a two-game suspension for a kicking incident. Yikes. [NH Register, College Hockey]
- Finally, happy 56th birthday to Mike Eagles and happy 59th to Bryan Erickson.