Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s overtime win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), NHL, AP, CP, WaPo, NBCSports,NBCSW (and again), Sporting News, Toronto Star, Toronto Sun, Globe & Mail, RMNB, NoVa Caps, Maple Leaf Hotstove, and Pension Plan Puppets.
- Alex Ovechkin is an incredible goal scorer and all-around hockey player - but he’s also got an edge and a mean streak to his game. [Globe and Mail]
- This was a heck of a 30 seconds, kids.
- Okay but let’s talk about that Alex Ovechkin guy:
Alex Ovechkin wins the game in overtime with his second goal of the game and his 11th goal of the season. It also marks Ovechkin’s 669th career goal, moving him past Luc Robitaille (668) for the 12th most goals in NHL history. pic.twitter.com/pBSfCBFWcK— CapitalsPR (@CapitalsPR) October 30, 2019
- And not to be outdone, #Johnny4Norris [THN]:
- Prior to last night’s game, Alex Ovechkin had some choice advice for the Leafs - and then followed it himself. [NHL, The Score, Sporting News, Toronto Sun (and again), Toronto Star]
- That was quite the month of October for the Caps. [NoVa Caps]
- News and notes from yesterday’s pregame skate. [Caps video (Reirden, Backstrom, Rinkside Update/Boyd)]
- Prospect Alex Alexeyev may not be a Cap yet, but he’s happy to pay his dues and grow his game in Hershey until his NHL time comes. [AHL]
- Nic Dowd is working to solidify his spot on the Caps’ fourth line. [WaPo]
- Scoping out the Metropolitan Division storylines of late. [NoVa Caps]
- Prospect Axel Jonsson-Fjjallby is finding comfort in knowing that he’ll be with Hershey for awhile. [NBCSW]
- Happy 35th birthday to Tyson Strachan, happy 42nd to Ivan Ciernik, happy 36th to Sean Collins, happy 52nd to Pat Elynuik and happy 67th to Ron Lalonde.
- And finally... best of luck to the Nats as they get set to play Game 7 of the World Series. Bring it home, boys.