Your savory breakfast of champions links:
- Bobble me bobble you. [Rink]
- Previews and suchlike for tonight’s game against the dam dirty Devils. [Peerless, nj.com]
- Pheonix Copley will get his first start. [CBS]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room), NHL, AP, PHT, WaPo, NBCSW (and again), WashTimes, Frankovic, NoVa Caps (and again), RMNB, LVRJ, LV Sun (and again) and Knights on Ice.
- Feels like the Caps and the Knights are getting their rivalry on... [Caps Outsider]
- ... or not. Just ask the Knights. [WaPo]
- Evgeny Kuznetsov, excellent hockey player and even more entertaining interview. [theScore, RMNB]
- Congrats, captain.
Alex Ovechkin of the @Capitals scored the 610th and 611th goals of his NHL career to leapfrog Bobby Hull (610) for sole possession of 17th place on the League’s all-time list. #NHLStats #VGKvsWSH https://t.co/PiaoVhI3lm pic.twitter.com/JWJZzfIHks— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) October 11, 2018
- Tom Wilson is appealing his suspension. An arbitrator might reduce the length but it won’t really matter and here’s why. [NBCSW]
- Also, the League approved his “active non-roster player” status during suspension. His salary cap hit still counts, but he is not on the active 23-man roster so the team doesn’t have to send anyone to the minors to make a roster spot for TW43’s stand-in. [@ikhurshudyan]
- Swag City - Even more collectibles are rolling out, with cool medallions from the Washington Post and Stanley Cup Scratchers from the DC Lottery.
- Power Rankings ahoy. [NHL Super 16, CBS]
- Finally, happy 44th birthday to Jason Arnott, and happy 52nd to Shawn Chambers.