Your savory breakfast links:
- Ups and downs for a somewhat down week. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's shootout loss from us, Vogs, Caps video (Trotz, locker room), NHL.com, WaPo, NBCSW (three stars, three reasons), AP, Peerless, NoVa Caps, RMNB, Newsday, NYDN, NY Post, and Blueshirt Banter.
- Get well soon, Christian Djoos face. Ouchie! [RMNB]
- Also ouchie:
The @Capitals goal drought is now at 145:01. Last goal was Kuznetsov's at 4:32 of the third period in Arizona last Friday.— Dan Rosen (@drosennhl) December 28, 2017
- Related - Philipp Grubauer deserved better:
One of Grubauer's ten thousand saves pic.twitter.com/LxQsAZOaaQ— NHL GIFs (@NHLGIFs) December 28, 2017
- The Caps and Bruins meet tonight, both on the back-end of back-to-back games. If there were any previews published for this upcoming game they would be linked here, but there weren’t, so they aren’t.
- The team returned from their holiday break with the goal of separating from the Metro muddle. [WaPo]
- Appreciating the gr8ness of the ageless Alex Ovechkin. [LWoH]
- Former Caps d-man Mike Weber has been playing in Sweden and announced he is retiring from hockey effective immediately due to career-ending knee injury. [HB]
- Finally, Curtis Glencross turns 35 today.