- Wrapping up our countdown of the Metro’s best with a look at the left wings. Because sometimes timing just works out perfectly. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s crazy shootout win from us, Vogs, NHL, WaPo, NBCSWA, CP, AP, FiCP, RMNB, NoVa Caps, and the Ottawa Citizen.
- On the anniversary of his NHL debut, Alex Ovechkin needed just seven minutes to change the game... and to remind everyone how good he still is. [Puck Daddy, The Score, Puck Prose]
- Prior to the game, the captain spoke about his offseason regimen and the expectations that lie ahead. [Sovsport]
- All you need to know about this year’s squad. [WaPo]
- Last night marked Alex Chiasson’s debut as a Cap, and it came against his former team. [Ottawa Citizen]
- Tyler Graovac came into training camp knowing he could prove a lot of people wrong - once they figured out who he was. [WaPo]
- Predictions, predictions, predictions. [NBCSWA, Puck Daddy]
- Questions facing every team this season. [ESPN, USA Today]
- Through all the ups and downs, the eternal optimism - as foolish as it may seem at times - is what bonds us all as Caps fans. [NoVa Caps]
- Braden Holtby talks about his family’s in-season life in Old Town Alexandria. [Washingtonian]
- Finally, happy 27th birthday to... ~sigh~ Marcus Johansson.
Friday Caps Clips: Russian to Judgment
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Great 8 is great once again, the Caps take the season opener in Ottawa and more.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.