Your savory breakfast links:
- Kyle Morton from Canes Country sat down with our own Adam Stringham to discuss the upcoming season for the Carolina Hurricanes. Why does Cam Ward still have a job, anyway? [Japers’ Rink Radio]
- Philipp Grubauer backstopped Germany to a second shutout in as many days, blanking Austria 6-0 on Friday. They play Latvia on Sunday. In addition, Grubi is now getting some consideration for Team Europe in the World Cup tourney since Frederik Andersen left Denmark’s match with an upper body injury.
- Remember all those slow starts last season? So does bench bossman Barry Trotz and he’s planned some corrections. [Stars & Sticks]
- Crystal ballin’ the Caps’ 2016-17 - They’ve got the tools, now it’s time to catch some breaks. [CSNMA]
- Braden Holtby has a new housemate/housesitter - Nathan Walker. [CSNMA (video)]
- Alex Ovechkin, Evgeny Kuznetsov and Evgeni Malkin did some cute dress-like-famous-Russian-cartoon-characters deal during intermission in St. Petersburg. Honestly, the wolf, dog, and cat were cute and all, but Boris, Natasha, and Squirrel would’ve been SO much better. [Soviet Sport, RMNB, NoVa Caps]