Your savory breakfast links:
- These were the thinks we were thinking before the game started. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday's loss from us, Vogs, Monumental video (Trotz, Holtby, Williams, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Niskanen, Sullivan, Pens room), NHL.com, WaPo (gamer, blog), CSNW (gamer, blog), WashTimes, CBS Sports, ESPN, Puck Daddy, Sportsnet, RMNB (gamer, game blogs), Frankovic, DSP, NVC (and again) and from the PIT bench, Tribune-Review, PPG and PensBurgh.
Brooks Orpik has some 'splainin' to do and probably a date with the Department of Player Safety after his high, late hit early in the first period sent Olli Maata down the tunnel for the rest of the game. [WaPo, CSNW, Puck Daddy, NVC, WashTimes, PHT]
- "Upping the ante for ugly." [TribLive, ]
- "The Capitals haven’t played particularly well, and yet they’re still even in the series. A couple more efforts like Saturdays, and that’s likely to change for the worse." [WaPo]
- "The password is 'desperation'." [WashTimes, USA Today]
- Best and worst, Bog-style. [DC Sports Bog]
- Brooks Orpik has some 'splainin' to do and probably a date with the Department of Player Safety after his high, late hit early in the first period sent Olli Maata down the tunnel for the rest of the game. [WaPo, CSNW, Puck Daddy, NVC, WashTimes, PHT]
- Notes from the Pens' end of the ice:
- A couple notes from pregame:
- Farm report:
- The Hershey Bears forced Game Five with a 2-0 victory over the Portland Pirates. Puck drops today at 5:00 for all the marbles - the winner moves on to Round Two. [Patriot-News]
- Congrats are in order for Caps prospect Tim McGauley , whose Brandon Wheat Kings claimed the WHL Eastern Conference title on Friday. In 16 playoff games, he is 8-13-21, plus-5. Brandon will face the Western champs Seattle Thunderbirds (coached by Steve Konowalchuk) for the WHL crown and a berth in the Memorial Cup Tournament. [WHL.ca]
- Happy 46th birthday to Reggie Savage and happy 55th to Clint Malarchuk.