Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's clash with the Devils from Vogs and NoVa Caps, and be sure to visit our SBN pals over at All About the Jersey for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- Looks like New Jersey's Taylor Hall will be out of the lineup tonight after suffering a lower-body injury. [NHL.com, NJ.com, All About the Jersey, CSNMA]
- A few leftovers from Tuesday's loss in Brooklyn. [Dump 'n Chase, THW, CSNMA]
- The Caps are back to one of their more annoying habits: taking too many penalties. [WaPo]
- The penalties were bad, as was the overall effort. The goals the Caps scored, though? Dreamy. [CSNMA]
- After a few games back up with the big squad (and most of those spent in the pressbox), Zach Sanford is headed back to Hershey. [WaPo, CSNMA]
- Chatting with the coach and crew after yesterday's practice. [Monumental hockey (Trotz, Rinkside Update/Orlov)]
- Philipp Grubauer missed the first half of practice with what is being called a "non-hockey medical matter". [WaPo]
- Tim Ohashi grew up idolizing the Caps; now he's a member of the coaching staff. [WaPo]
- Things Caps fans should hope for in 2017... wait, what is this strange word "hope"? [NoVa Caps]
- Everyone's favorite color analyst, Craig Laughlin, was handing out hockey tips to some lucky youngsters in Hagerstown yesterday. [Your4State]
Finally, happy 35th birthday to Jakub Cutta and happy 28th to Sean Collins.