Your savory breakfast links:
- Александр Михайлович Овечкин now stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the immortal Сергей Викторович Федоров atop the Russian enhaelovsky goal-scoring summit. It is meet that they should stand together for a time, but soon enough the Gr8 will scale the next peak, and the next. Each goal he scores from now on will raise the bar for those behind him that much higher. [SovSport, SI, CSNMA, Sportsnet]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's shootout win from us, Vogs, Monumental video (Trotz, Holtby, Ovechkin, Williams, Backstrom, Babcock), NHL.com, AP, WaPo, CSNMA, Peerless, Frankovic, DSP, NoVa Caps Fans, Stars & Sticks, RMNB (gamer, blog), and from the visitors' bench, Pension Plan Puppets, ML Hot Stove, Leafs Nation, and the Toronto Sun.
- Hit up the CSN Rewind, and then listen to Walton's goal calls. You'll want to turn down your speakers. [Capitals Voice (Ovi, Bax)]
- Interference, shminterference... [WaPo, RMNB, Caps Outsider]
- ... and say, did you know the NHL took away Ovi''s assist? [HF Boards]
- Lessons learned, Maple Leaf-style. [Toronto Star]
- There was so much awesomeness in the aftermath of Nick Backstrom's last-second regulation tally to send the game to OT. [RMNB, @myregularface]
That blur you see is a leaping Ovechkin, man who wants to win above all else/man who loves his teammates. pic.twitter.com/pqOZqfN4sH— Travis Yost (@travisyost) November 8, 2015
- Oh hai there Mike Green. He says he's suiting up for the Wings vs. the Stars today. [mlive]
- Finally, happy 47th birthday to Keith Jones.
- One more: