Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from us (and the night in GIFs), Monumental video (Oates, Alzner, Green), NHL.com, WaPo, AP, Peerless and RMNB, and from the
- We don't celebrate injuries in hockey, so we will just mention that the ever-charming Chris Neil hurt himself trying to hit Alex Ovechkin and leave it at that... [CSNW, PHT]
- ... but The Captain won't leave it at that. [WaPo, RMNB]
- Know Alex or Nick, know wins; no Alex or Nick, no wins. [Peerless]
- Mikhail Grabovski is really, really good at hockey. As for soccer, well... Mikhail Grabovski is really, really good at hockey:
- Your Capitals Voice] Minute for today. [
- News and notes from pregame:
- It's almost 2014!
- WaPo, Rink] . Full stop. And rather than merely riding coattails, he's attached rockets to them. [
- Grubi has Caps-colored pads on the way and is taking things game-by-game (by-game-by-game-by-game)... [RMNB]
- ... and Michal Neuvirth is reading the tea leaves - his agent has gone public with a trade request. Le sigh. [WaPo, PHT, CSNW]
- Three goalies are just too many. [Yahoo!]
- Not official yet, but sounds like the NHL is getting close to selecting Nationals Park as the venue for next year's Winter Classic. No opponent yet, of course... 366 days and counting. No rush. [Rink, WaPo, PHT, RMNB]
- The Hershey Bears' season hasn't exactly gone as expected. Head coach Mike Havilland talks accountability. [THW]
- Across the Pond in Malmo, all the Caps' prospects had yesterday off. Today, Team USA welcomes Canada, and Småkronor takes on Russia. May the odds (and the power plays) be ever in their favour.
- Happy 58th birthday to Gary McAdam.
- And finally, the Japers' Rink crew is eternally grateful to our community of readers and commenters (and you lurkers too!), to the many people whose work we link, and to the sport of hockey for bringing us all together. We wish everyone a safe, happy, and fulfilling New Year.
More from Japers' Rink