Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings from last night's big win from us, Vogs, Capitals Voice, NHL.com, WaPo, CSNW, Puck Daddy, PHT, Peerless, RMNB, and DSP, and from the Habs' side of things, Montreal Gazette, Globe & Mail plus our friends at EOTP.
- Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns. Or possibly a blocker pad to the face and a date with the end boards. [RMNB]
- Is that a Rocket in your pocket, Ovi? [Alex Ovetjkin, Caps Outsider, WaPo]
- Adam Oates has built his team's foundation on trust. [NHL.com]
- Martin Erat's game is a work in progress, but it is progressing nicely. [WaPo]
- The Hershey Bears lost to the Binghamton SHoE] , and face a must- must- must- must-win situation today, which happens to be the final game of the 2012-2013 regular season. Good luck, boys. [
- The Reading Royals have evened their first-round Kelly Cup series with the Florida Everblades at one-all. The series now moves to FLA. [Reading Eagle]
- This is from a few days ago, but remains a worth-your-time discussion of the Erat-for-Forsberg trade, as seen through the Nashville Predators' lens. [Backhand Shelf]
- Finally, happy 36th birthday to Miika Elomo, happy 43rd birthday to Stew Malgunas and happy 56th birthday to Mark Lofthouse.