Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps of last night's overtime loss from us (and the night in quotes and GIFs), Vogs, Monumental video (Oates, Ovechkin, Chimera, Green, Ward), NHL.com, AP, WaPo, CSNW (gamer, blog), Peerless, Frankovic, DSP, RtR, and RMNB.
- ... and he is now the first Russian "enhaelovsky" to record 9 consecutive 30-goal seasons... [Soviet Sport (link in Cyrillic)]
- ... but hold that thought - let's appreciate the first 400 one last time. [Monumental In-Game Video]
- Oh hai there Jaromir Jagr. Looks like you got a milestone souvenir puck as well. Congrats, we guess. [PHT]
- Tom Wilson experienced a series of unfortunate events. Ouch. [RMNB]
- Good news! Marty Erat still wants out. [WaPo, PHT]
- More good news! Michal Neuvirth is none-too-happy either. [WaPo]
- Good news for Hershey as well. Stanislav Galiev, Julien Brouillette, and linesman Bob Goodman all left the game early with injuries, in a 3-2 loss that ended the Bears' winning streak at two games... [Patriot-News, SHoE]
- In Malmo, the U-20 teams are still in the preparation phase leading up to the World Junior tourney start on December 26:
- On Friday, Team USA dropped its first exhibition game on Friday to host Sweden 4-2. Riley Barber played RW on the top line and had an assist. Caps prospect d-man Christian Djoos also had an assist for Småkronor. [USA Hockey, USoH]
- Saturday was a 75-minute practice and then Movie Night. Today the US squad takes on the Finns. [USA Hockey]
- The other game on tap today is CAN-SWE, with Andre Burakovsky having rather effectively riled up Team Canada with his hometown interview. Just ask TSN, which has gone to DISSCON 5. [TSN.ca (video)]
- Finally, 2013 was a lousy year for #dcsprots.
Here'sCheers to a more fulfilling 2014. [WaPo]