BUFFALO NY - NOVEMBER 13: John Carlson #74 Braden Holtby #70 and Karl Alzner #27 of the Washington Capitals defend against Jordan Leopold #3 of the Buffalo Sabres at HSBC Arena on November13 2010 in Buffalo New York. Buffalo won 3-2 in overtime. (Photo by Rick Stewart/Getty Images)
Your savory Hockey Day in America links:
- Previews of today's Sabres dance from Vogs, NHL.com, WaPo (Carrera), SB Nation DC, RtR and CRtC, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Die By The Blade for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match-up.
- Shaone Morrisonn reflects on playing his old team. [CSN Washington (Raby)]
- Oh hai there Ryan Miller. Nice seeing you. Again. [Ibid.]
- Appropriately in time for Hockey Day in America, a profile of true patriot John Carlson. [Nat'l Hockey Examiner]
- Is GMGM dangling Alexander Semin? [Toronto Sun]
- The eagle has landed - Dmitri Orlov arrived in Hershey yesterday. [Patriot-News (Leone)]
- Here's an interesting post-WJC interview with Cody Eakin... [Athlete's Angle]
- ...but his big matchup against Brayden Schenn and the Saskatoon Blades didn't go so well. The final was Blades 5, Ice 3. Brayden went 2-1-3, with a plus/minus of even. Cody went 0-0-0, minus-2. Oof. [WHL gamesheet]
- Finally, happy 55th birthday to Rick Green, happy 54th birthday to Glen Hanlon, and happy 36th birthday to Brendan Witt.