MONTREAL- APRIL 19: Nicklas Backstrom #19 of the Washington Capitals and Mike Cammalleri #13 of the Montreal Canadiens mix it up in Game Three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Bell Centre on April 19, 2010 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The Capitals defeated the Canadiens 5-1 and now lead the series 2-1. (Photo by Richard Wolowicz/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps of and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, CSN Washington (Masisak, Masisak, O'Halloran, Beninati, Scalise), WaPo (blog, gamer, Bog, Bog, Bog, column, shot chart), Vogs, Puck Daddy, NHL.com (Dan Rosen), Scott Burnside, SI.com (Muir, Farber), DCEx, Ed Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB, RtR, FFODC, Homer McFanboy, MD Pro Sports, Hockey Chronicles, Hockey Mom and StC, and from the Montreal side of things, National Post, Montreal Gazette (and again) and Habs Inside/Out.
- Best thing about this post chiding Habs fans for booing our national anthem (after the Verizon Center faithful showed nothing but respect for O Canada twice)? It doesn't include the phrase "Stay classy." [RMNB]
- Even heading into last night's game tied one game apiece, a Habs upset in this series was (and obviously still is) quite the longshot. [Puck Prospectus]
- A bit more on the Canadiens. [A Capital Offense]
- Some Nicklas Backstrom contract talk. (Oh, and there's no way he makes it to July 1 without a deal.) [TSN, FtR]
- David Steckel is a "big-game guy." (Except last night, when he was a "big-scratch guy.") [Capitals]
- Mike Knuble on winning the Cup. [Capitals]
- Is Henrik Sedin in Hart Trophy trouble? Hopefully. [Hockey or Die!]
- "I feel like the hockey community is dying to chuck [Alex Ovechkin] under the next passing bus some reason, like he’s ever done anything wrong aside from some excessive celebrating (which I love).... I dunno if anyone else feels that, it’s just sort of a vibe I get." Preach it, brother. [Bourne's Blog]
- Your two biggest statistical overachievers of 2009-10? Guess, then click through. [Hockeycentric]
- As far as television ratings go, D.C. is a top-ten hockey town. [Puck the Media]
- Finally, happy 60th birthday to Mike Lampman.