WASHINGTON - APRIL 17: Nicklas Backstrom #19 of the Washington Capitals scores his third goal of the game in overtime and is joined Alex Ovechkin #8 as they defeat the Montreal Canadiens 6-5 in Game Two of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Verizon Center on April 17, 2010 in Washington, DC.. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps of and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, CSN Washington (Masisak, O'Halloran, O'Halloran, Beninati), WaPo (blog, blog, blog, Bog, blog, gamer, column), Vogs, Puck Daddy (and again), NHL.com (Dan Rosen, Shawn P. Roarke), Scott Burnside, DCEx, Darren Eliot, 1067 The Fan, Ed Frankovic, Peerless (and again), RMNB, Inside Hockey, FanHouse, FFODC, MD Pro Sports, Puckhead, Hockey Chronicles, Hockey Mom, StC, Capitals Coming, Caps In Pictures, Caps Snaps and Tic Tac Toe Hockey, and from the Montreal side of things, Montreal Gazette, Habs Inside/Out, EOTP (and again) and Four Habs Fans.
- On Tom Poti's fight. [D.C. Sports Bog, CI, FanHouse]
- So who starts Game 3? It's a question for both teams. [Masisak, FanHouse]
- Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom shoot hoops post-game. Poorly. [Gunaxin, D.C. Sports Bog]
- This seems like an appropriate link on a Sunday morning. [On Faith]
- Scalpers outside the VC: providing a needed service or just annoying? [Capitals Outsider]
- A budding star from another local team took in last night's game. [CSN Washington]
- Finally, happy 32nd birthday to Boyd Kane and happy 33rd to Sebastien Charpentier.