Your savory breakfast links:
- Alex Ovechkin is on the cover of this week's Hockey News, which you can preview here, but do yourself a favor and pick up a hard copy of it - it's worth it.
- Quintin Laing on his return to the lineup. [Washington Times]
Don Cherry defends himself against claims that he encourages violence, then proceeds to excuse David Koci's hit on Mike Green without missing a beat. [Puck Daddy]
- A little AO cheesecake... for the ladies. [Alex Ovetjkin]
- Hershey heads into the Christmas break with the best winning percentage in the AHL. [John Walton Hockey]
- Stefan Della Rovere will be one of five rotating alternate captains for Team Canada's WJC squad... [NHL.com]
- ... Mostly because he's not afraid to mix it up, as last night's box score shows (note also Marcus Johansson on the score sheet). [Hockey Canada]
- In case you missed it over the weekend, The Copper & Blue of all places had a couple of nice Peter Bondra stories to tell. [C&B, C&B]
- Glen Hanlon is back in the NHL, hired by the Canucks as a "goaltender scout." Congrats. [NHL.com, Vancouver Sun]
- Finally, happy 31st birthday to Petr Sykora (yeah, that one).