Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from Corey (blog, article), Tarik (blog, article), Vogs, Litter Box Cats, Examiner, Ed Frankovic, Peerless, Puckhead and Fight For Old D.C..
- Preview of tonight's back-end of the home-and-home with the Kitties from NHL.com, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Litter Box Cats for coverage from the other side of tonight's match up.
- A post on "the Hershey mentality" from Friday morning. Prescient. [RockTheRed.net]
Dan Levy of The Sporting Blog picks Alex Ovechkin as "The Next Best Player Who Won't Win A Championship," clubbing the franchise along the way. [Sporting News]
- The always humble Brett Hull: "You just watch (Alex) Ovechkin, he reminds me – I don’t want to say he reminds me of me – but he goes to all the places that I used to go. It’s so fun to watch him." Good thing you stopped short of saying he reminds you of you. [The Globe and Mail]
- AO is featured prominently in Express Night Out's "Best of 2009." [Express Night Out]
- Mike Green will be on "Caps on the Fly" on Monday, so headed on out to the Hilton Garden Inn if that's your thing. [Capitals]
- I'd point you to NHL.com Senior Editorial Director Phil Coffey's "D.C.'s now a hockey town" post, but you already read it last week under a different byline.
- A bit more on Matt Bradley's magic concussion-reducing lid. [Examiner]
- Great look at life on the road for Da Bears. Go read it. [OFB]
- Is the Cap (property) with the best shot at fifty-in-fifty... Cody Eakin? [NHL.com]