Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from Corey (blog, article), Tarik (blog, article), Vogs, Joe B., Ed Frankovic, Peerless, and Fight For Old D.C..
- Good news! Alex Ovechkin's injury isn't even among the ten most impactful early season hurts. [The Hockey News]
- "Playoff hockey" in November? Maybe not as crazy as it sounds. [HomerMcFanboy]
- Bruce Boudreau officially endorses Mike Green for Team Canada, which is certainly not "an about face from last spring" for Gabby (seriously, who writes this stuff?). [NHL.com]
- Is Green as high as fourth on the Team Canada depth chart? [Hockey Or Die!]
- Nicklas Backstrom on Grate Patrol. [Hockey Mom]
- The "Gifted" Paradox. [Peerless]
- Brendan Morrison's "Survivorman" adventure, now with video. [FanShot]
- Perhaps the weirdest set of hockey cards I've seen yet, given that it contains this Alex Ovechkin card and this... fish? [The Beckett Blog (bonus: for more on the fish, click here... you know you want to)]
- They're going to miss Michael Nylander in Grand Rapids. With any luck, we'll get the chance to miss him here, too. [Griffins]
- What do you get the Caps fan who has everything? Not this. [Amazon.com via @nateewell]
- In his dreams, perhaps, Keith Aucoin envisioned notching a hat trick against the Devils last night. Well, his dream came true... sorta. [Patriot-News]
- Speaking of Aucoin, happy 31st birthday, Keith, happy 51st to Paul MacKinnon, and happy 52nd to both Nelson Burton and Rollie Boutin.