Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps of last night's loss from Corey (blog, article), Tarik (blog, article), Vogs, Peerless, In Lou We Trust (SBN's Devils blog), OFB, Cap Centre, Ed Frankovic, Puckhead and Hockey Mom.
- Pictures! [Tic Tac Toe Hockey (some gorgeous shots for Devils fans), Caps In Pictures]
- At least Caps fans can spell. [Cap Centre]
- The Caps are ninth on The Hockey News's new power rankings (down six spots) and down six to eighth at The Sporting News.
Elliotte Friedman is "[b]eginning to wonder how Washington will handle the pressure of high expectations." [CBC.ca]
- Ted Leonsis will do an "Ask the Owner" segment on WTOP at 10:00 this morning. [Listen here]
... and if that's not enough Ted for you, here he is, unfiltered. [LA Times]
- Bruce Boudreau likens coaching to parenting - "when your kids do something wrong you either scold them or you cajole them" - which, of course, fits in with how the owner viewed the team recently. [Capitals]
- Spotlighting the Caps' "Hockey Fights Cancer" efforts. [Hockey Mom]
- George McPhee confirmed that the team is working on a deal to send back to Sweden their Swedish center that's been a healthy scratch for every game thus far this season. What? Who'd you think I meant? [In The Room]
- Bear Tracks! [Lebanon Daily News]
Braden Holtby is taking full advantage of Michal Neuvirth's injury to show the organization what he's got. [Lebanon Daily News]
- Mark Messier talks to SB Nation about "The Mark Messier Project," which is aimed at preventing head injuries in hockey (Matt Bradley wears a specially designed helmet as part of the project). [SB Nation]
- Finally, happy 44th birthday to Paul Cavallini.