Your savory breakfast links:
- Detroit dragged Pittsburgh into overtime and Columbus fended off Dallas to claim the final two available playoff slots. The Washington Capitals will be watching the Stanley Cup playoffs from the sidelines. Dammit. [Dump 'n' Chase, NHL.com, WaPo, CSNW, 106.7 The Fan, Frankovic, RMNB, Puck Rant, DSP]
- Previews of tonight's
consolation match exhibition gametilt with Carolina from Vogs, NHL.com and Peerless, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partners over at Canes Country for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- Your Capitals
MinuteMoment for today. [Capitals Voice]
- I'm hearing there was some sort of kerfuffle regarding the coach, a goaltender, and the goalie's agent. We're fairly certain it wasn't important or anything, so whatevs. [WaPo, CSNW, Eye on Hockey, NHL.com, PHT, 106.7 The Fan, DC Sports Bog, RMNB, Globe & Mail, NBC4]
- Possibly related and also very possible: Has Jaroslav Halak played his last game for the Caps? [CSNW, The Fourth Period]
- Let's savor that fifth fifty-goal season just a bit longer. [Capitals Voice]
- Know your face-offs. [Monumental]
- Karl Alzner sez it's time for some truth-tellin'. [Over the Boards]
- At least the Hershey Bears got some good news, as Nate Schmidt and Brandon Segal are cleared to return to duty. [Patriot-News]
- Madison Bowey and the Kelowna Rockets closed out their series with the Seattle Thunderbirds with a 5-2 victory and head to the WHL Western Conference Finals. They await their opponent, with the Portland Winterhawks holding a three-games-to-one advantage over the Victoria Royals.
- Finally, happy 44th birthday to Enrico Ciccone.