Your savory breakfast links:
- Alex Ovechkin? Still good. [S+S]
- A look at each Capital’s performance this season and what letter grade it earned them. [NoVa Caps]
- Speaking of report cards, take a deeper dive into Justin Schultz’s season here. [S+S]
- There were some truly awesome Washington Capitals moments this season, but which ones crack the top three? [S+S]
- The NHL announced yesterday that Canada will allow US-based NHL teams to cross the border for the third and fourth rounds of the postseason. [WaPo ($), ESPN]
- Aleksander Barkov, Patrice Bergeron, and Mark Stone are the finalists for the 2021 Selke Trophy. [NHL]
- In international hockey news, Canada beat Finland in overtime to win gold at the IIHF World Championships and Team USA defeated Germany in the bronze medal game. [ESPN]
- Taya Currie made history this weekend when she became the first female player drafted to the Ontario Hockey League. The 16-year-old was selected in the 14th round by the Sarnia Sting — congrats, Taya! [CBC, ESPN]
- Happy 38th birthday to Milan Jurcina!
Finally, happy Stanley Cup anniversary, boys and girls and babes!