Your savory breakfast links:The
- After becoming the center of the hockey world over the last week, Tom Wilson is more than ready to move on from the chaos. Hear, hear. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s OT win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Eller/Sheary, recap), Flyers, NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW, NBC Philly, NoVa Caps, RMNB, and BSH.
- And another injury. Enough already! [@CapitalsPR]
- Caps’ prospect Garrett Pilon moved from the taxi squad to the active roster yesterday, and made his NHL debut last: night complete with the traditional rookie lap [NoVa Caps]
- Also? This is amazing:
If Garrett Pilon makes his NHL debut tonight with Capitals with Zdeno Chara in the lineup (appears to be the case), Chara will have played NHL games with him and his father Rich Pilon.— Tom Gulitti (@TomGulittiNHL) May 8, 2021
Chara and Rich Pilon were teammates with the Islanders during Chara's first 3 NHL seasons.
- With the Caps failing to win in regulation last night and the Penguins taking down the mighty Sabres by a lopsided 1-0 score, the playoff picture is coming into focus. [PHT]
- Updates from yesterday’s morning skate, where we learned that Craig Anderson would start, while Nicklas Backstrom and John Carlson were now sidelined with injuries. [Caps, video (Laviolette, Anderson)]
- Speaking of injuries, here’s what happened down in Hershey tonight... oy.
Carbery on @Capitals Michal Kempny - "Chalk that up to the weird things this year - he had incidental contact with one of the ice scrapers - I don't think it's too, too bad...just an unfortunate situation" but said he didn't want to put wrong info out there @InsideAHLHockey— Beids (@juliebeidler) May 8, 2021
- A few leftovers from Friday night’s loss to the Flyers. [Caps, RMNB, S&S]
- The upside for NHL teams getting vaccinated will mirror that of us normal humans: fewer restrictions. (Get vaccinated, people!) [AP]
- Finally, happy 43rd to Andrej Podkonicky, happy 71st to Steve Self, and happy 55th to Mark Tinordi.