Your staving-off-elimination breakfast links:
- Facing elimination, the Caps are looking for answers and will need to find a way to bounce back tonight - or see their season end early, again. [Rink, NHL, WaPo]
- The good news is that no one seems ready to pack their bags quite yet. Hopefully that translates to the ice. [Rink]
- Three things we were talking about yesterday when we were talking about the Caps. [Rink]
- Previews of tonight’s crucial Game 5 from Vogs, WTOP, Reuters, Boston Herald, and our SB Nation pals over at Stanley Cup of Chowder.
- Hear from Coach Laviolette and Tom Wilson after yesterday’s optional practice out at Medstar. [Caps video (Lavi, Wilson)
- The Caps have been in this position before. Can they claw their way back? [NBCSW]
- With his team down 3-1 and looking flat last game, Laviolette should look to make lineup changes. [S&S]
- Should they play the Black Aces? (...no.) [RMNB]
- A few leftovers from Friday night’s flat Game 4 performance. [Caps, RMNB, S&S, NESN, Eagle-Tribune]
- Anthony Mantha was assessed a $5000 fine for running over Bruins’ netminder Tuukka Rask. [NHL, Sportsnet]
- With the Blues also down 3-1 in their series, two of the last three Cup champs are facing an early postseason exit. [AP]
- This is proving to be a series of mistakes for the Caps. [S&S]
- Finally, happy 65th birthday to Tom Rowe.
Do the thing, Caps.