Your savory breakfast links:
- Trevor Van Riemsdyk has gotten limited ice time this season, but he’s performed well in that time - and perhaps has earned some more. [Rink]
- For the first time in over a year, fans were back at Capital One Arena on Thursday night. Here’s a glimpse at what the return to hockey was like. [Rink]
- Previews of tonight’s matchup against the Penguins from Vogs, Peerless, NBCSW, AP, Reuters, and feel free to wander over to our SB Nation partners over at Pensburgh for the french-fries-on-sandwiches point of view.
- After missing the last 21 games with a lower-body injury, Evgeni Malkin may be ready to return tonight against the Caps. Because of course. [NHL]
- A few leftovers from Thursday night’s win over the Islanders. [Caps, RMNB, S&S, THW]
- Checking in with the coach after yesterday’s optional skate. [Caps video]
- Reflecting on the first 1000 games of Nicklas Backstrom’s career in DC. [Puck Prose]
- Finally, happy 65th birthday to Steve Clippingdale, and happy 41st to Mathieu Biron.