Your savory breakfast links:
- Looking at a busy and important week ahead for the Caps. [Rink]
- Previews of tonight’s battle at Cap One from Vogs, Peerless, NBCSW, Newsday, Reuters, and AMNY, and for one last time (in the regular season, at least), feel free to hang out with our SB Nation pals over at Lighthouse Hockey for a little New York perspective.
- It’s possible - likely, even - that Alex Ovechkin will miss tonight’s game, but the Caps know that they have the depth to weather his absence. [WashTimes]
- News and notes from yesterday’s practice, which featured a brief glimpse of Alex Ovechkin and a longer one of Justin Schultz in a non-contact jersey. [Caps video (Laviolette, Oshie, Dillon), NoVa Caps,
- The Caps are being cautious with Alex Ovechkin and his injury, and it is the correct course of action. [S&S]
- Peter Laviolette has been pleased at the way that Daniel Sprong has stepped up to fill the gap in Ovechkin’s absence. [NBCSW]
- Happy 28th birthday to Tyler Graovac, happy 34th to Taylor Chorney, and happy (but not TOO happy) 33rd to Semyon Varlamov.
- Finally, say cheese!