Your savory breakfast links:
- It felt like the Capitals’ pre-trade deadline play certainly left something to be desired, and the latest Vibe Check certainly confirmed that. [Rink]
- Japers’ Rink Radio emergency episode alert! This JRR episode, recorded on Monday night, features the Washington Post’s Samantha Pell chatting with Greg about all things Mantha trade. [Rink]
- Speaking of that blockbuster trade, the immediate outcry from Washington Capitals fans might have been a bit premature. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings from last night’s rout of the Flyers from us, Vogs, Capitals video (Coach Laviolette, Anthony Mantha/Nick Jensen, recap, condensed game), WaPo ($), NHL, AP, Reuters, Broad Street Hockey, Philadelphia Inquirer, NBCSW (and again), NoVa Caps, and RMNB.
- The big news last night, of course, was Anthony Mantha’s stellar debut in a Caps sweater. [NBCSW, and again]
- In some fun “normal” news, Caps players’ families were able to return to Capital One Arena last night, and some of them were in attendance at yesterday’s game. [NoVa Caps]
- The Capitals gave up a lot to acquire Anthony Mantha, and Jakub Vrana was a logical choice. [S+S]
- 24 hours after the trade deadline, how does the Capitals-Red Wings trade look after the shock wore off? [Sportsnet]
- A quiet factor in this year’s trade deadline: the 2021 Seattle Expansion Draft. [NHL]
- Don’t miss the latest edition of 31 Thoughts from Elliotte Friedman, featuring plenty of deadline musings. [Sportsnet]
- Happy 54th birthday to Alain Cote and 58th birthday to Paul MacDermid!
Finally, this...is delightful. Welcome to DC, Mantha!