Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Jensen/Carlson, recap), Flyers, NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW, NBCSPhilly, Peerless, NoVa Caps, RMNB and BSH.
- Congrats to Nick Jensen, who finally turned his strong play this season into a goal (and quite a nice one, at that)! [NBCSW, Caps Outsider]
- For the first time in almost a year, the Caps played a game in front of actual fans - and welcomed them back by beating the hometown team. Bring on the boos! [NBCSW]
- Meanwhile Ilya Samsonov rebounded from a bit of a leaky goal early on to turn in his strongest performance in a long time, stopping 36 shots. [NBCSW]
- Hear from the coach and some of the players after yesterday’s pregame skate. [Caps video (Laviolette, Ovechkin, Eller/Oshie)
- The Capitals were confused and/or skeptical about the League’s ruling that put Wilson on the sidelines for seven games. [NBCSW, WashTimes]
- The Caps’ power play has had its ups and downs, but mostly downs on the road - is it as bad as it seems? [S&S]
- Looking back at the past week in Caps’ and East Division action. [Peerless, All About the Jersey]
- Finally, happy 53rd birthday to Rob Zettler, happy 45th to Chris Clark, happy 58th to Mike Lalor, happy 50th to Rob Pearson, and happy 60th to Larry Murphy (woop woop).