Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Wilson/Sheary, Samsonov, recap), Devils, NHL, AP, Reuters, WaPo, NBCSW, NJ.com, NoVa Caps, RMNB, and All About the Jersey.
- Alex Ovechkin continued to prove he was elite (duh) as he came into last night’s game with seven goals in seven games... [NBCSW]
- ...and then just, y’know, tacked on a multigoal performance just for funsies. [NBCSW]
- Evgeny Kuznetsov wanted more responsibility; after an honest conversation with his coach, he got it - and he’s proven that he deserved it. [WaPo]
- A few leftovers from the first Caps-Devils game of the week. [Caps, RMNB, S&S (and again)]
- Connor McMichael has been clutch for the Hershey Bears of late. [NovaCaps]
- Finally, since it’s Saturday, please enjoy this pregame levity from the most delightfully dorky bunch of hockey players ever: