Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews and other information for tonight’s matchup against the New York Rangers from the Caps, Vogs, Peerless, and NoVa Caps, and make sure to keep up with our SB Nation pals at Blue Shirt Banter for coverage from behind enemy lines.
- Notes from yesterday’s practice — which featured the return of Lars Eller — from NoVa Caps and RMNB, and catch up on yesterday’s post-practice media availability with Daniel Sprong, Lars Eller, and Coach Peter Laviolette.
- The NHL’s latest Super 16 power rankings were released yesterday, and the Washington Capitals made the big move of the week. [NHL]
- Sportsnet named an MVP for each team in their latest power rankings — do you agree with their choice for Washington? [Sportsnet]
- At the halfway point of the season, how do the Caps netminders stack up against the rest of the goalies in the East Division? [NoVa Caps]
- Checking in at the midway point of the season with the latest Caps 365 with Taryn Bray and Mike Vogel. [Capitals]
- Another midway point recap: a Caps midseason report card. [Athletic ($)]
- The Caps re-assigned Belarusian forward Aliaksei Protas to the Hershey Bears yesterday following Dinamo Minsk’s exit from the KHL playoffs. [Capitals, NoVa Caps, RMNB]
- Speaking of the Caps’ AHL affiliate, the Hershey Bears signed goaltender Billy Christopoulos to a professional tryout agreement yesterday. [NoVa Caps]
- Which teams will be buyers and which teams will be sellers at the trade deadline next month? [TSN, Sportsnet]
- Staying with the trade deadline, the Caps don’t have a lot of wiggle room under the salary cap right now so any deadline moves will have to involve moving a player or two out; which players are untouchable and which ones could be shipped out? [NoVa Caps]
- League officials foresee next season starting completely on time and running as normal. [NHL]
Happy almost-baseball season, folks.