Your savory breakfast links:
- A few leftover musings from Tuesday night’s win over the Islanders from Vogs, RMNB, NBCSW, and S+S (and again).
- Daniel Sprong is getting one heck of an opportunity to impress with Tom Wilson out of the lineup, and he is not letting it go to waste. [WaPo ($)]
- Speaking of Sprong, how would the Caps go about bringing him into the regular lineup? [S+S]
- Oh, you don’t know much about Daniel Sprong? Then check out a little Sprong History 101. [THW]
- The Capitals will be rocking the green during warmups on Friday, donning green St. Patty’s Day jerseys that will then be auctioned off to benefit Leveling the Playing Field. [Capitals]
- If you ask Alan May, the Capitals are more than poised to make a solid run this postseason. [NBCSW]
- The Hershey Bears recalled goaltender Hunter Shepard from the South Carolina Stingrays, the club’s ECHL affiliate, yesterday. [NoVa Caps]
- In a bit of divisional news: the Buffalo Sabres fired head coach Ralph Krueger after the Sabres lost their 12th-straight game on Tuesday. [Sabres]
- Finally, a big happy 44th birthday to Zdeno Chara, the tallest Cap that ever was, and happy 43rd birthday to Jan Bulis, 37th birthday to Jonas Johansson, 49th birthday to Craig Johnson, and 47th birthday to Brantt Myhres!