Your savory breakfast links:
- Old pal Rob Parker joins the JRR crew to talk about the Caps’ brush with disaster against the Devils, the Wilson suspension and more. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Carlson/Sheary, Dowd, recap), NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW, NBC Philly, Peerless, NoVa Caps, RMNB, and BSH.
- Congratulations to John Carlson on earning his 500th career point - with a beauty of a goal, no less!
The third-fastest active defenseman to reach the 500-point mark.— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) March 12, 2021
Congrats, Carly! #ALLCAPS | @LeidosInc pic.twitter.com/9VMsheZImv
- Of course if we’re talking beauties, how about this 185-foot-long shot by Nic Dowd into the empty net??
Dowder iced it from deeeeeeeeep pic.twitter.com/qyUUp8j4zz— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) March 12, 2021
- Alex Ovechkin has done a serious amount of damage in Philly during his career, at a scoring pace second only to Mario Lemieux. [Inquirer]
- News and notes from yesterday’s pregame skate. [Caps, video (Laviolette, Carlson, Samsonov), NoVa Caps]
- No update on Lars Eller, who returned to DC to deal with a family issue. Sending good thoughts to the Eller family. [NBCSW]
- Taking a closer look at the career of Mike Marson, a member of the inaugural Capitals team. [NoVa Caps]
- Despite the financial windfall from the new Disney deal, the NHL expects the salary cap to stay flat for the next few years. What does that mean for the cap-strapped Caps? [NBCSW]
- Checking in on the rest of the East Division, some of whom just annoyingly will. not. freaking. lose. [NoVa Caps]
- Questions and answers about the Caps as we near the midway point of the season. [THW]
- Finally, happy 53rd birthday to Tyler Larter, and happy 44th to Brent Johnson.