Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday’s loss from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Ovechkin/Wilson, Eller/Jensen), NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW, WashTimes, NBCS Philly, Peerless, NoVa Caps, RMNB, and BSH.
- Was it Sean Couturier’s return that inspired the Flyers to a win or was it the Caps’ defense (and some sheer dumb luck)? You be the judge. [NHL, NBCSW]
- With Jakub Vrana already out due to COVID protocols, the Caps lost another piece of the lineup as T.J. Oshie sat out with a reported upper-body injury.
- Meanwhile both Evgeny Kuznetsov and Ilya Samsonov were cleared for return to workouts, but remain unavailable for games... which is not confusing at all.
- Oh, and Travis Sanheim tested positive prior to yesterday’s game and yet a series of rapid tests on his team made it okay for the game to go forward. Cool cool cool. [NBCSW, NBCSPhilly]
- The Caps seem to enjoy taking frequent trips to the penalty box. Here’s how to fix that. [S&S]
- Looking back on the week that was in hockey. [Peerless, All About the Jersey]
- Happy 61st birthday to Dino Ciccarelli, and happy 54th to Yvon Corriveau.
- Finally, the game may not have gone the right way, but Alex Ovechkin was a man possessed... and this play deserves another look: