Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight’s battle in the borough from Vogs, Peerless, NoVa Caps, and SI, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Blueshirt Banter for the other side of tonight’s matchup.
- The injury that knocked Conor Sheary out of Monday night’s game may also force the cap-crunched Caps to use 11 forwards and seven defensemen tonight. [NBCSW]
- Just the latest in a series of setbacks for a team that has thrived in spite of them - and at least some of the praise for that has to go to Laviolette. [WaPo]
- Check out where the Caps land on the latest edition of the Super 16 rankings. [NHL]
- Have the Caps been good, or lucky? Or maybe a bit of both? [S&S]
- News and notes from yesterday’s practice. [Caps video (Laviolette, Hagelin, Dillon), NoVa Caps]
- Vitek Vanecek earned every bit of his Rookie of the Month honors. [S&S]
- Looking back at the Caps’ 10-game winning streak back in 1983-84, their longest such streak until a 14-game run in 2009-10. [NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy 77th birthday to Gary Smith, happy 35th to Steve Oleksy, happy 52nd to Joe Sacco and happy 23rd to Beck Malenstyn.