Your savory breakfast links:
- After two disappointing seasons, has Evgeny Kuznetsov started to return to form.. or do the same issues remain? [Rink]
- Previews of this afternoon’s matinee against the Devils from Vogs, NHL, Devils, NBCSW, AP, Peerless and NoVa Caps, and be sure to visit our SB Nation pals over at All About the Jersey for the other side of this weekend’s two-fer in Jersey.
- News and notes from yesterday’s practice, including the news that Alex Ovechkin was not there and was a game-day decision for today. [Caps, video (Hathaway, Vrana, NBCSW]
- The Caps have struggled with slow starts and letting leads disappear in the third period. Not exactly a recipe for long-term success. [NoVa Caps]
- Nick Jensen’s first season and a half as a Cap didn’t go as well as both player and team probably hoped - but this year has seen him step up his game. [NoVa Caps]
- Speaking of good defensemen, John Carlson has very quietly put his name back in the Norris Trophy discussion. [RMNB]
- Are the Caps as good as they think they are? Ponder whether the Caps have ever actually said they were good... and then read the answer and other questions. [NBCSW]
- A few leftovers from Thursday’s big win over the Penguins. [Caps, RMNB, S&S]
- Finally, happy 65th birthday to Mike Kaszycki.