Your savory breakfast links:
- Don’t miss the latest episode of Japers’ Rink Radio, where Adam and Greg are joined by Chris Watkins to chat about Caps hockey and COVID. [Rink]
- Notes from yesterday’s practice at MedStar from NoVa Caps, team media availability (Lavy, Backstrom, Carlson, and Wilson), and RMNB.
- The Capitals might be at full strength (what’s that?) for the first time in three weeks on Sunday. [WaPo ($)]
- Washington’s 2019 first-round pick Connor McMichael scored his first professional goal in Hershey’s win against rival Wilkes-Barre/Scranton last night. [NoVa Caps, also with a game recap]
- Some Caps have very specific reasons for picking the jersey numbers they wear. [The Athletic ($)]
- The Caps loaned prospect Alex Alexeyev to Salavat Yulave in the KHL when the pandemic delayed the start of the AHL season, and he recently gave an interview on the KHL website discussing his experience. [NoVa Caps]
- The Caps’ new navy third jerseys are bonafide bestsellers, so get yours while you can. [S+S]
- The NHL announced several new COVID protocols yesterday that are aimed at improving league-wide safety. [ESPN]
- An unexpected week-long break might be just what the Capitals needed. [S+S]
- Happy 41st birthday to Rico Fata and 53rd birthday to John Purves!
Finally, this was absolutely delightful: