Your savory breakfast links:
- The big news out of camp yesterday was the absence of Ilya Samsonov, who missed practice with a lower-body injury. [NHL, WaPo, NBCSW]
- Hear from the coach and a few of the guys after yesterday’s camp. [Caps video (Laviolette, McMichael, Carlson, Caps365)]
- Connor McMichael and Hendrix Lapierre continue their friendly battle for a potential spot in the opening night lineup. [NHL]
- The Caps made a few more cuts to the roster ahead of tonight’s game in Newark:
#Caps have reduced their training camp roster to 34 players.— CapitalsPR (@CapitalsPR) October 3, 2021
The following players have been assigned to Hershey: Axel Jonsson-Fjallby (requires waivers), Brett Leason and Joe Snively.
Click here for the updated training camp roster: https://t.co/CabZ5exFAQ
- A few leftovers from Saturday night’s loss in Philadelphia. [Vogs, S&S]
- Previews and predictions for the Metropolitan Division in the season ahead. [SI]
- It could be a tight division battle this year, and every point matters - so how does each team stack up when it comes to that gimmicky extra point in the shootout? [All About the Jersey]
- The Bears released their training camp roster as they get things rolling today in Hershey. [HBH]
- When compared to the rest of his contemporaries (and considering his physical style), Alex Ovechkin’s endurance really needs to be appreciated. [NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy birthday to Justin Williams, who celebrates the big 4-0 today!