Your savory breakfast links:
- Breaking down the numbers behind why the Caps may have snagged blueliner Dennis Cholowski. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Kuznetsov/Dowd, Mantha/Jensen, recap), NHL, AP, Avalanche, WaPo, NBCSW, Denver Post, WHN, NoVa Caps (and again), RMNB, and Mile High Hockey.
- One big reason for the Caps’ win was their ability to not just silence but steamroll the Avs’ top line. [NBCSW]
- Evgeny Kuznetsov’s game-opening goal was almost overshadowed by his turnover leading to an Avs shorthanded goal - but he used it as motivation. [NBCSW, Caps Outsider]
- Just another stellar night for 92, who has looked resurgent to start the new season. [NoVa Caps]
- News and notes from yesterday’s pregame skate. [Caps video (Laviolette, Sprong, Rinkside Update/Hathaway), WHN]
- Small sample size warnings and all that, but so far the Caps’ defense is looking pretty darn good. [THW]
- Happy 43rd birthday to Mike Farrell.