Your savory breakfast links:
- The Caps’ penalty differential - the number taken vs. the number drawn - is looking ugly right now. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Schultz/Sprong, Dillon/Oshie, recap), Isles, WaPo, NBCSW, Newsday, NHL, AP, PHT, Peerless, NoVa Caps, RMNB, Eyes on Isles, and Lighthouse Hockey.
- Former bench boss Barry Trotz was pretty upset about his team’s loss in the final minute… you just hate to see it. [The Score, NBCSW]
- As fun as the win was, it may have come with a cost, as the Caps saw both Nicklas Backstrom and Lars Eller hit the locker room early with potential injury. [NBCSW]
- News and notes from yesterday’s morning skate, which saw a couple of new faces get added from the taxi squad. [Caps, video (Carlson, Hathaway, Rinkside Update/Dowd), NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy 66th birthday to Brian Engblom.