Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of this afternoon’s rematch between the Caps and Sabres from Vogs and NBCSW... and you know them pretty well by now but don’t forget about our SBN pals over at Die by the Blade for news from the other side.
- Just five games into the pandemic season, the Caps are starting to see just how different, and difficult, this year will be. [WaPo]
- News and notes from yesterday’s practice, where Laviolette switched up his defensive pairs... and Tom Wilson was missing. Ruh roh. [Caps video (Laviolette, Dillon, Eller, Anderson, Rinkside Update/Siegenthaler), NoVa Caps]
- With Ilya Samsonov testing positive for COVID and out at least a week, the Caps turned to new addition Craig Anderson. Get to know the new guy between the pipes. [NoVa Caps]
- A few leftovers from Friday night’s shootout win. [Caps, S&S, RMNB]
- The Hershey Bears found a way to do their annual teddy bear toss despite the pandemic - as a drive thru, with hundreds of cars lining up to donate over 31,000 cuddly toys. Incredible. [HBH, Penn Live, Caps Outsider, RMNB]
- Happy 72nd birthday to Guy Charron, happy 48th to Chris and Peter Ferraro, happy 51st to Jim Mathieson, and happy 35th to Jack Hillen.
- Finally, we couldn’t be in the building to enjoy it in person but the Caps were kind enough to pull back the curtain on the home opener: