Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings from yesterday’s shootout loss from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Ovechkin/Backstrom, Jensen/Dowd, recap), Penguins, NHL, AP, PHT, The Athletic ($), WaPo, NBCSW, WashTimes, NoVa Caps, RMNB, S&S (and again), and Pensburgh.
- Apparently the Penguins feel they had more of a sense of urgency yesterday than in their first two and that’s why they won... sure, whatever makes yinz feel better. [NHL]
- The Caps have taken 14 minor penalties through their first three games, a disturbing trend continuing from last season - and Laviolette & co. want it to stop. [NBCSW]
- Wrapping up the first week of Capitals’ hockey. [Peerless]
- What we learned from the Caps’ first two games - and wins - of the season. [THW]
- Another schedule change, this time to accommodate the rarity of a Buffalo Bills playoff game:
- Finally, happy 29th birthday to Pheonix Copley, and raise a glass in memory of Pete Laframboise, who would’ve been 71 today.