Your Opening Day savory breakfast links:
- Catch up on the latest episode of Japers’ Rink Radio, a season preview featuring the Post’s always-wonderful Samantha Pell. [Rink]
- Next players under the microscope for the East Division’s top ten: right wingers. [Rink]
- The Capitals PR team released their media guide for this season yesterday. [Caps]
- Laviolette appeared to ice the Caps’ opening night lineup during practice yesterday:
Tuesday Capitals lines:— Samantha Pell (@SamanthaJPell) January 12, 2021
- Big Z mic’d up? Big Z mic’d up! [Caps]
- After all nine players the Capitals placed on waivers on Monday cleared yesterday, six of them were loaned to Hershey. [NoVa Caps]
- The Bruins announced yesterday that they will retire Willie O’Ree’s Number 22 jersey next month. [Bruins]
- Some divisional preview content from NoVa Caps: East Division, East Division using GAR, and all four divisions using GAR and SPAR.
- The NHL announced yesterday that 27 players across the league tested positive for COVID-19 during training camps, including 17 Dallas Stars players. [ESPN]
- Nicklas Backstrom signed a new five-year contract last season, and he is more than capable of living up to it. [S+S]
- Hendrix Lapierre not only got to meet his idol last week, but he got to skate with him too. [NoVa Caps]
- NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly did a Q&A where he discussed schedule flexibility, taxi squads, and the new divisional alignments. [NHL]
- The Caps are putting a lot of trust in two young goalies this season, but it’s not the first time they’ve done so. [THW]
- Alex Ovechkin still can’t believe the Caps signed Zdeno Chara; stars - they’re just like us! [S+S]
- The fan-voted All-Division teams are in, and two Caps players made the cut. [NHL]
- The Swiss National League handed Caps prospect Damien Riat a seven game suspension for a dangerous check into the boards. [NoVa Caps]
- Happy 67th Birthday to Mike Palmateer!
Finally, please watch this video of Evgeny Kuznetsov using Zdeno Chara’s giant hockey stick during practice yesterday.