Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of today’s final round-robin matchup with the Bruins from Vogs, NHL, AP, NBCSW, NoVa Caps, and Stars and Sticks, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Stanley Cup of Chowder for the other side of today’s matchup.
- Updates from the Caps’ final practice before they battle it out with the Bruins. [Caps365]
- The top seed is (inexplicably) sorted out, so the Caps and Bruins now fight it out to see who draws the Isles and who gets the ‘Canes in the first round. [NHL, NBCSW, Newsday]
- With his second playoff run ahead, Todd Reirden is calm and confident as he prepares to guide the Caps through the strangest of postseasons. [WaPo]
- Yeah, the chaos of the qualifying round has been fun to watch... but let’s not make it a permanent fixture to the playoff format. [NBCSW]
- The Caps, like most teams, are going to have to find ways to get ice time for their prospects for the foreseeable future with most of the minor leagues shut down. [NoVa Caps]
- Happy 68th birthday to Harvey Bennett, and happy 58th to Jim Johnson.
- Finally, congratulations to Lars and Julie Eller on the birth of their son, Alexander (good name!)...
- ...and welcome back to the bubble, Tiger!