Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday’s round-robin finale win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, Ovechkin/Wilson, Dillon/Holtby, recap), Bruins, NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW (and again), NBCSBoston, NoVa Caps (and again), and RMNB.
- Martin Fehervary made his postseason debut yesterday, taking the place of Radko Gudas and still-injured John Carlson. The verdict? Not bad, kid. [NoVa Caps, RMNB]
- With their 2-1 victory over Boston, the Caps officially clinch the third seed - and draw a date with Barry Trotz and the Isles in the first round. [Rink, NBCSW, AP, NoVa Caps, Eyes on Isles]
- In fact the full playoff field is now set, with opening games kicking off tomorrow. [The Score, NHL]
- Mark those calendars (and cancel any Wednesday afternoon meetings) - the schedule for the first round is up. [Rink, Caps]
- The Caps’ former bench boss certainly seems excited to face his old squad. [Newsday, NY Post, The Score]
- Because everything is strange, the second half of the draft lottery is tonight... with some of the NHL’s top teams in the mix. Which one would be the worst? Hmm... [NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy 64th birthday to Mike McEwen.