Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), Pens, NHL, AP, Reuters, WaPo, NBCSW (and again), Trib-Review (and again), Post-Gazette, DKPS, Pittsburgh Hockey Now, NoVa Caps, RMNB, StarsandSticks, and Pensburgh.
- As coronavirus spreads, the sporting world is taking precautionary measures, like closing off locker rooms postgame to cancelling tournaments. [NHL, IIHF, NBCSW, WaPo, PHT, USA Today]
- Richard Panik once again played a big role in the fourth line stepping up — part of his ongoing bounceback from a sluggish start to the season. [NoVa Caps]
- Happy 52nd birthday to Rob Zettler, happy 44th to Chris Clark, happy 57th to Mike Lalor, happy 59th to Larry Murphy, and happy 49th to Rob Pearson.
- Celebrating Sheila Johnson, part owner of the Caps, Wizards, and Mystics, along with many other local trailblazers on this International Women’s Day. [Washington Life]
- Finally, to celebrate IWD 2020 - and as we pledge to work together to make a gender-equal world - here are two of the great moments in women’s hockey: