Your savory breakfast links:
- It’s never good when the coach appears to be out of answers to turn things around - and Todd Reirden may be at that point. [Rink]
- Someone needs to do something quickly, though, because the Caps are really, horrifically, awfully bad right now. [Rink, NoVa Caps (and again)]
- Previews of today’s matinee in the ‘Burgh from Vogs, NHL, FLM, WaPo, NBCSW (and again), Trib-Review, Post-Gazette, Peerless, NoVa Caps, and StarsandSticks, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partners over at Pensburgh for the other side of today’s matchup.
- A few leftovers from Thursday night’s loss in New York. [Caps, RMNB, StarsandSticks]
- Given how tight the standings are, it’s likely that playoff matchups don’t shake out until the last day - but here are some of the many possibilities. [NBCSW, BSH]
- It’s been a bit of a journey back to the NHL for Ilya Kovalchuk, but he seems to be finding a home here in DC. [AP]
- The Washington Little Caps - training ground for future pros like Jeff Halpern and Joe Snively - are leaving their 15-year home in Ballston to a newer facility in Leesburg. [WBJ]
- Finally, happy 57th birthday to Mike Eagles, and happy 60th to Bryan Erickson.