Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday’s loss from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), NHL, PHT, AP, WaPo. NBCSW (and again), WashTimes, Tribune-Review, Post-Gazette, NoVa Caps (and again), RMNB, DKPS, and Pensburgh.
- It’s probably a safe bet that none of the Caps thought the Metro Division race was over — but if any of them did, yesterday was a nice reminder that there’s a long way to go. [NHL]
- After yesterday’s game, the Caps’ starting goaltender position remains up for grabs. But is it better to just have two starting goalies? [WaPo]
- Alex Ovechkin remains five goals shy of the 700 mark, but members of that elite goal-scoring club are sure he’ll not only crack it but be on to 800 soon enough. [NHL]
- Examining why Travis Boyd has been scratched for all but one of the Caps’ games in 2020. [NoVa Caps]
- A look back at the week that was. [Peerless, Pensburgh, All About the Jersey]
- This past week featured a hat trick of hat tricks throughout the organization’s prospect ranks. [NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy 29th birthday to Chris Brown, happy 52nd to Frantisek Kucera, and happy 32nd to Peter LeBlanc.