Your savory breakfast links:
- Before the Islanders game, Todd Reirden talked about the ongoing malaise his team was struggling through. Unfortunately, it hung over last night’s game as well. [Rink]
- Were the Caps busting out their greatest hits over the last two weeks or was there something missing? Well... you saw the games, but read on anyway. [Rink]
- See what lies ahead as the Caps hit the road for another Western Conference swing in this week’s Snapshots. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s loss from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), Islanders, NHL, AP, PHT, WaPo, WashTimes, NBCSW (and again), Newsday, NoVa Caps, RMNB, and Lighthouse Hockey.
- Ruh roh:
- The Caps have been badly outscored while waiting for Alex Ovechkin to hit 700... perhaps their focus is on the milestone and not on their game. [WaPo]
- Shifting the focus back to Ovechkin for a sec, just how many goals can he score? [StarsandSticks]
- Since getting called up, Martin Fehervary has had a rotating spot on the blueline as the Caps test out options ahead of the trade deadline. [WaPo]
- Finally, happy 43rd birthday to Dwayne Hay, happy 66th to Brian Kinsella, happy 72nd to Lew Morrison, and happy 35th to Mike Richards.